Velocity Ball (#7DFPS): Dev Blog #2
Aug 14, 2013 - Elliott Draper
Just a couple of days to go now for 7DFPS, and since the last dev blog I’ve only really had time to improve the arena and presentation a bit, and add a menu.
Here are a few screenshots of those features:
So I’m refining the list of what is possible in the remaining couple of days (multiplayer is definitely a post-7DFPS task now), and I’m hoping to get the following done:
- Sound effects (the game is entirely silent right now!)
- Countdown restart and position reset after each goal to make it more tactical and less hectic
- Improved AI and ball physics
- Getting games going solely with AI, for a spectator mode, and/or to make the main menu more interesting
- Improving the UI and presentation a bit further
- Dual stick controller support
The next dev blog will definitely be a video run through, most likely fairly close to the end of 7DFPS in the hope that I can show off as many of the above features in there as possible! I’ll then probably package the game up for download on Mac (Windows too if I get time to test it).
A few more resources that have been useful in the last couple of days:
- NGUI: Next-Gen UI, great asset for building user interfaces on top of and around your games
- NGUI Basic Menu, a cracking little tutorial video on putting together a basic menu using NGUI
Hope everyone else is making good progress, looking forward to spending some time looking at other entries over the weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Back to blog